Thursday, January 6, 2011

Visit to the Plastic Surgeon

I always cringe when I get a phone call from daycare, it's usually a call to tell me that one of the kids is sick and I need to pick them up. i especially like it when the director starts the call of saying, "everything's fine...but..." On Tuesday, I got a call saying that Olivia was fine, but she had a big gash on her head and she might need a stitch or two. She had gotten up wrong on the play structure and bumped her head pretty hard on the metal support.
The pediatrician's office advised that they do not do stitches and that we needed to go to the emergency room. Since the gash was on her forehead, I wanted a plastic surgeon to do it. Luckily, one of our neighbors is a plastic surgeon and she was able to see her right away.

Olivia was so brave. She wasn't crying and didn't even flinch when the doctor poked her three times with a numbing needle. She held very still and was an ideal patient. Here is the gash.
Photobucket

Olivia plays with the surgeon's three year old daughter so while she was stitching her up Olivia kept asking her about Sienna..."why Sienna not here? what Sienna doing?"
Photobucket

She ended up with three stitches! Later that night when Olivia looked in the mirror she said, "it's kinda gross mom." Yes indeedy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no.... I hate those calls. So proud of Olivia for being brave. I think I would have been crying when they poked me with a needle. Stacy

Amber said...

Poor thing! I hope she's doing ok. How scary. Tell her we send our love. The Ficht's