Olivia has had only three ear infections so far, but they have been consecutive infections and the poor girl cannot get rid of them. The ENT advised us that it would be best to for her to have ear tubes. That was a surprising and scary since they would have to put her under for the proceedure, but after a hearing test confirmed that she was not hearing everything and that her ear drum movement was minimal because of all the fluid behind her ear, we didn't hesitate with making the appointment. 
I was a little concerned about how cranky she would be without her morning bottle, but luckily we were scheduled for the 7am surgery and Olivia was pretty interested at her new surroundings. Here she is a few minutes after drinking the sedative. A big man nurse took her away and I thought she would scream but she was as cool as a cucumber. I sat down to flip through a magazine and just as I was halfway through reading about Melissa Rycroft's (The Bachelor's dumped fiance) triumph through heartbreak story, the doctor came and informed me that the proceedure was done!
She woke up and was extremely loopy, her eyes kept rolling back. It was really funny.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Ear Infections Be-GONE
Posted by tracyallegre at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am amazed at how cool you were about the whole surgery! Good job and I hope it works like a charm!
Post a Comment